Heligan Working Horse Weekend
23rd - 24 Sep: 10:30am - 4:30pm
On the 23rd and 24th September, The Lost Gardens of Heligan’s Home Farm will come alive again with the clip-clop of hooves.
Our popular Working Horse Weekend returns to celebrate the past, present and future of working horses and all our unique and wonderful native breeds.
In partnership with Cornwall Heavy Horse society, the Exmoor Pony Society, and the Rare Breeds Survival Trust,
we are excited to present a rich programme of demonstrations from native working horses and ponies.
Join us around the estate to learn more about how horses shaped the historical landscape of Heligan:
- Get up close to these impressive horses at our meet-and-greet session
- Watch the horses in action working across the Heligan estate, and providing demonstrations within our paddocks- how competitive will our exhibitors get in this year’s agility class?
- Join us in The Barn for the ever-popular Blacksmith demonstrations, as AWCF Farrier Rob Barnbrook showcases his phenomenal skills.
- Learn more about the working harnesses and equipment used by the horses
- And of course, enjoy the beautiful spectacle of the horses and riders heading out around the Estate in the ‘Concours d’elegance’ ride
Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September
10:30am - 4:30 pm
All demos included in ticket price
Did you know?
Horses were so important in the running of the historical Heligan estate, that in the year 1716 there were 18 working horses here on site-
from coach and carriage horses to hunting horses, hack horses, and of course the farm horses that worked the land.