Heligan by Night
This December, step in to ‘Heligan by Night’ and experience the art of illumination as internationally renowned light artist Ulf Pedersen returns to reveal the night time magic of Heligan’s historic plantings.
Journey through an after dark Lost Gardens and delight in the incredible textures, colours and atmosphere created by Pedersen’s thought-provoking illuminations. New for this year Heligan debuts a selection of Pederson’s unique sound and light installations in addition to last years display, to create a dazzling nocturnal immersive experience; which bring light to the landscape and encourage the viewer to “ …transform the act of looking into a physical experience - where audiences frequently find themselves immersed in a sensational play of light and colour as the space metamorphoses into something unique and magical.” -Ulf Pedersen
Often architectural in scale Ulf’s works closely with raw materials of the site, using light and colour as his essential tools, often combining these natural or architectural elements with new architectural forms he has designed. Ulf’s practice exploits both hi and lo-fi technologies and aims to highlight the poetic potential of place.
Over 15 years Ulf has travelled internationally bringing his work to locations from Oxford Botanical Gardens to Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong. At home he has worked with the National Trust, producing a successful solo show at Hestercombe Gardens which examined the relationship between garden designer and architect Gertrude Jekyll and Edward Lutyens.
12th-15th, 19th-22nd, 27th-29th December & 2nd-5th January
To purchase your tickets, please click here or head to Heligan Reception.
Essential Information :
- Wrap up warm and wear sensible sturdy footwear for your 'Heligan by Night' experience.
- You are buying timed ticket slot to start your journey around ‘Heligan by Night’ . The journey will take about 60 minutes.
- We ask all ticket holders to arrive at least 15 minutes before your allocated ticket slot.
- Ticket holders will be asked to congregate at the ticket office and only allowed entry at their allocated time slot
- Please have your tickets ready for inspection by one of the Heligan Teams
- Your illuminated journey will take you through parts of Heligan’s historic productive gardens and along pathways that are gently sloping and accessible.
- There are alternative routes for visitors with access requirements, please make sure you talk to a member of staff so that they may be able to assist you
- This is a unique evening event after the Gardens are closed for the day.
- Entry by Event Ticket only
- No Garden entrance fee applicable
- A delicious selection of hot food and drinks will be available.
- First entry is at 5.30pm and then at 10-minute intervals
- Last entry is at 7.30pm
Please note :
- If you should miss your booked time slot, we will do our best to get you in at the next available time.
- Upon arrival to the gardens, please speak with a member of the team. If however we cannot do this, we will advise on when we can accommodate you.
Photo credit :
Ulf Pedersen - 'Heligan By Night 2017'