Gardener – Ornamental Team
Head of Gardens and Estate
Ornamental Gardens Supervisor
We pride ourselves on our high standards. As a Gardener here you will carry out numerous gardening duties, requiring a minimum amount of supervision including –
- The maintenance of herbaceous and mixed borders, trees and shrubs
- Lawn maintenance and cultivation
- The use of cylinder and rotary mowers, strimmers and leaf blowers.
- Soil cultivation, digging, forking, mulching, watering, raking, weeding, edging, pruning, bed preparation and planting.
- The use and maintenance of hand tools and basic light machinery.
- Engage and enthuse our visitors, answer their questions and inspire them.
Candidates need to:
- Demonstrate strong practical knowledge and experience in gardening and horticulture.
- Demonstrate knowledge of a wide variety of plants.
- Be physically fit for digging, lifting, carrying etc.
Qualities you will need to display
The successful candidate will:
- Be passionate about gardening
- Be willing to work outside in all weathers
- Be able to produce and maintain a consistently high quality finish in the garden.
- Be hard working and adaptable to change
- Have good communication skills and be happy to talk to our visitors
- Be able to work independently but also have a strong understanding of the importance of teamwork
- Be willing to help out in other departments when needed
In return you will be rewarded with
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free parking
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies
- Discounted staff meals within our tea rooms.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a personal statement (no more than 1 side of A4) explaining why you would be great in this role, to [email protected]
Closing date Mon 12th July