Seasonal Catering Assistant
Seasonal Catering Assistant / Part time & Full time available
Senior Supervisor, Head Chef, Assistant Catering Manager and Catering Manager
The Heligan Kitchen, Steward's House Tea Rooms and multiple seasonal outlets across the The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To set up your allocated place of work with all equipment required to provide quick, hygienic service e.g. tongs, slices, scoops, tea towels, sanitiser and cloths etc
- To set up (if required) the till station with the correct float, ensuring the unit is operating correctly and has sufficient printer rolls and the PDQ machine is functioning correctly
- Ensure all food and drink display areas are clean and replenished throughout service, maintaining the highest levels of hygiene and safety for staff and visitors
- Plating food as per portioning instructions and delivering to table
- Taking orders at the till:
- Listening to the customer’s requirements
- Informing them of any allergens
- Processing them correctly for food and coffee service
- Communicating the process to the customer
- Taking payment, issuing change correctly if required
- Preparing coffees using the barista machine, teas and hot chocolates
- Portioning scoop ice creams as per stated portion
- Assisting customers with their trays to their table if required
- Clearing and cleaning tables, disposing of waste in the appropriate recycling bins, informing customers which is the appropriate bin
- Keeping the floor clear of debris
- Sanitising the child highchairs after use, removing all food and stains
- Working within the dishwash section, keeping the flow of clean equipment to the production kitchen and FOH constant so service is uninterrupted
- Following close and clean down procedures as directed
- Completing HACCP paperwork as directed – temperature checks, clean down,
- Completing Wastage book
- Answering customers queries about the catering offer, service and the gardens
- To attend training workshops and courses identified as appropriate.
- To work within the Health and Safety at Work Act and to the TCS Health and Safety Policy. The postholder has a legal duty to take reasonable care for all health and safety both for themselves and others who may be affected by their actions.
- To attend and participate in meetings as required.
- To work within the relevant Catering Department and Heligan Gardens Ltd policies and procedures.
- To undertake other duties not specifically stated above and potentially within other departments, which from time to time are necessary for the effective performance of the department and gardens without altering the nature or level of responsibility involved.
How to apply
Please send your CV to [email protected] with a covering letter explaining why you would be good in this role
To be discussed at interview
If you do not hear from us by March 12th, your application has been unsuccessful.