We are looking to recruit an Estate Ranger to join our busy but small estate team in 200 acres of an historic Cornish Estate.
You will be working with the estate team to look after a mostly native woodland area and also helping the farm team occasionally. Your main duties will be to undertake practical land management with a heavy emphasis on visitor engagement.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan, St Austell, Cornwall
42.5 hours per week
To be considered for this post it is essential that candidates have extensive experience of:
- Tractor driving and using a range of tractor mounted equipment
- Operating chainsaws and brush cutters
- Practical land management
- Good knowledge of ecological principles and UK habitats
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Full driving licence.
In addition to the above, candidates will preferably also have
- Livestock experience (desirable but not essential)
- Tree climbing and aerial rescue certificates
- Basic machinery maintenance knowledge
- An understanding of traditional woodland management
- Enjoy working outdoors throughout the year
- Visitor engagement/events
The role will require a high level of commitment, enthusiasm and flexibility as some unsociable and weekend working will be required.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions
- Free Parking
- Sociable hours with no shift work
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies
- Discounted staff meals within our tea rooms
31st August 2019
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a personal statement (no more than 1 side of A4) explaining why you would be great in this role, to [email protected]