Cook/Chef (Sociable Hours)
Head Chef & Catering Manager
Heligan Gardens are looking to recruit a Cook/Chef to join our passionate and friendly team.
Serving up to 3000 visitors a day in peak season this role requires someone who can keep a
cool head and a friendly smile whilst producing great quality local food.
The role is to provide a daily selection of both hot and cold food to ensure that all visitor
expectations have been met.
You will be someone who strives to maintain excellence of the food offering and the highest
levels of cleanliness and Health & Safety within our 5* rated kitchen.
Areas of responsibility:
- The daily production of all food both hot and cold.
- The daily service of all food.
- The daily cleaning of all food service areas.
- To apply all food and hygiene regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- To be a team player by exhibiting flexibility.
- Friendly warm personality. A positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
Qualities you will need to display
- A genuine love of food in its broadest sense
- Flexibility and a willingness to embrace change
- A fast paced working environment
- An all-round cooking ability
- Events catering
- Different catering environments
- An awareness of food and hygiene regulations
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free Parking.
- Sociable hours with no shift work.
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies.
- Free meals within the catering team.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to [email protected]
To be descussed at interview.