Car Park Steward
We are recruiting seasonal Car Park Stewards for the year ahead, to cover a seven day rota. We are looking for warm and friendly people to join the team. This will be an outdoors role (in all weathers!) and you will often be the “first face” for all our visitors and therefore will set the tone for their experience, making a real difference to their day. The role will encompass assisting with car parking and welcoming coach parties, helping to support visitors with access needs and helping to orientate visitors with the site. Enthusiastic, supportive people with experience of working with the public would be very suited to this role.
The Lost Gardens of Heligan
Visitor Services Manager
Hours in this role are variable, depending on the needs of the business and often the weather! During peak times hours can be up to 30 a week. Although the bulk of this role is seasonal during holiday times, there may be ad-hoc hours available throughout the autumn and winter.
- Provide a warm, friendly welcome (and goodbye) to all visitors to Heligan.
- Directing customer cars to achieve efficient use of car parks.
- Customer orientation.
- General ground keeping duties.
- Customer facilities checks.
- Assisting with other departments as and when required during busy times, as directed by line manager.
- To assist visitors with access needs.
- Becoming familiar with and then following the Lost Gardens of Heligan Health and Safety policy at all times.
- To welcome all visitors and make sure that visually the high standard of presentation is maintained.
- Excellent customer focused service skills.
- Happy and confident in talking to all our visitors.
- An ability to work as part of a small team and be supportive of colleagues.
- Can do attitude!
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working in a customer facing role, ideally at a visitor attraction.
- An interest in the outdoors and gardens and a desire to learn about the history of Heligan to share information with visitors.
In return you will be rewarded with:
- Staff benefit scheme including free family entry to Eden and Heligan during employment and discounts on local attractions and retail.
- Free parking.
- Sociable hours with no shift work.
- Discounts on retail within the Gardens and any associated companies.
- Discounted staff meals within our catering outlets.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a short statement explaining why you would be great in this role to us at [email protected].
Applications should be received Friday 22nd March.